Monday, December 5, 2011

The Feast!

Well this past weekend the husband and I scrambled to clean up our new home so we could have people over to celebrate his 29th Birthday. I thought it was a great opportunity to use our Wine Party certificate we have had for almost a year along with having family over to see our new place. Our place is not close to being done and from what I have heard from others, it will always be a work in progress. But we have done the "major" redecorating like the flooring, whole new kitchen and paint. I think everyone was amazed with how much work we have done on our new home. Anyways I have found a new love called pinterest. I know most of you by now are on it or have at least heard of it. When I was invited to it, yes you have to be invited to it (so silly), I really didn't pay much attention to it. However I began using it because I was finding recipes online for this party and OMGooodness it is amazing! I was able to plan the entire menu for our party on it and when I was ready to create all the goodness I found I just printed all the recipes right from it! Now I might be on the track of becoming addicted to it. I really don't see anything wrong with becoming addicted to it because it encourages me to do a bunch of arts and crafts or baking on my own (I tend to just buy stuff I usually can make). I do have a huge crafty side of me but with work and the money I don't have it is hard to find the time to sit down and craft, however I have been making more of an effort to craft and pinterest has helped a lot! So I found 5 or 6 recipes (mainly from Annie's-eats) that I knew would be a big hit at the party and are also a few of the hubby's favorites! Here are some pictures of them from annies-eats.com...I wanted to take pictures of what I made but cooking/baking for 8 hours really tires a person out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment