Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chinese New Year

I have always loved Chinese New Year and working in Garden Grove as well as living right next to Little Saigon for a year really taught me how uniquely special and beautiful this holiday is! This year was extra special however because my Grandma's 84th Birthday fell on Chinese New Year plus she was born the year of the Dragon and this New Year is the year of the Dragon as well, one of the most sought after years to have a baby in! My Mother decided to throw her a family party with the theme being, of course, Chinese New Year. I was in charge of the dessert and decided to do a delicious lemon curd and cream cheese cake topped with homemade Chinese fortune cookies dipped in red melted chocolate. It turned out perfectly and to complement it I bought an assortment of Chinese cookies! I got the recipe for the fortune cookies from annies-eats.com and the cake was my own recipe with an addition of lemon curd I found at Trader Joes. Here are some festive photos....




No comments:

Post a Comment