Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day Cake Pops

With Valentine's Day coming up there are all sorts of yummy creations out there. I wanted to do something I hadn't seen before so I decided to do Sweetheart Cake Pops. Let me tell you it was difficult but they turned our pretty good and tasted delicious. I made them for a client for her Bunko party and is sounds like all the woman LOVED them! Here is how I made them....

First I cooked the chocolate cake mix, let it cool, then mix it up with chocolate frosting...
 Then I formed the mixture into hearts....
 While they were in the fridge getting hard I got all the melts ready....
I melted the white chocolate and stuck each heart with a stick with melted chocolate on it, this is the consistency you want your melted chocolate to be at.....
After letting the pop chill a bit with the stick in it I then took them out one by one from the fridge and dipped them into the chocolate, then held them up right until they hardened....
Once they were all dipped and hard I then melted red chocolate and used a squeeze bottle to write cute words on each.....
One turned out like this, like I said, they were difficult, but the hubby enjoyed this one....
The rest turned out like these ones...
I then placed them all in a cute red take out box for display....

No comments:

Post a Comment