Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pie!

So I have never baked a pie before and recently I have been having the urge to at least try to make one. Well, although sometimes I may seem crazy, I am truly not because there was no way I was going to make a pie from scratch for my first pie! Therefore, I bought 2 frozen pie crusts and canned cherries and threw them together! I dumped the cherries into one of the pie crusts and then covered with the other pie crust. With the left over crust I made two little cherries to put on top of the pie and then put some holes in the top and tada, a cherry pie! I put it in the oven for a total of 45 minutes and out came the pie. Now it was definitely not the best looking pie we have seen but it gets a 10 for taste! Now I guess the next pie I make will HAVE to be from scratch since I believe you can only get away with making 1 pie in your lifetime from frozen crust and canned fruit :) Here are some pictures!

 Before the top crust
 Crust on top cherries made
 Up close!
 Done baking
Cherry & crust goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment