Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Treat: Maple Bacon Cupcakes

So I stayed true to what I was going to create for the first Tuesday Treat, which is Maple Bacon Cupcakes! I was daring and took a small bite and to my surprise it was not too bad. The hubby loved it and that is all that really matters!
Here is how I made it!
First I made the base; maple cake
2 tbsp flour
1.5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp imitation maple extract 
(you can use Grade B pure Maple syrup if preferred, imitation was cheaper)
*Stir*
Next I cooked up 1/2 a piece of bacon to a crisp and then chopped it up and added to the cake base. I also add about a tsp of the bacon grease.
I then baked it at 350 degrees for around 10 minutes. It came out looking more like a muffin but still had the consistency of a cupcake :)
I then created my cream cheese maple bacon frosting by just taste testing until it was deeelicious!
Cream cheese
Powder sugar
Unsalted butter
Pinch of brown sugar
Imitation maple extract
I then crisped the other half of the bacon cut it up in little pieces and topped the cupcake with it and TADA here is....

SAVORY & SWEET Maple Bacon cupcake with a Maple Cream Cheese & Brown Sugar frosting topped with toasted Bacon crumbles :)
The hubby loved it!

1 comment: