Thursday, June 9, 2011

Goat Cheese & Chocolate

Now the title of this post may not seem too appetizing but they are examples of savory & sweet, the two tastes I want to base my whole business on! I want to make a twist on the plain desserts that you grew up on by adding savory to the sweet or visa versa. I do not plan on making everything both savory and sweet however a few cupcakes, cookies, whoopie pies with an added treat never hurts!

Based on Wikitionary Savory is something that is salty or non-sweet, such as meat, vegetables, bread, cheeses, rice, and so on. Whereas Sweet is the opposite, having the taste of sugar, such as chocolate, butterscotch, honey and so on. I want to take ingredients that have both tastes to complement each other and create a masterpiece in your mouth and excitement in your eyes! For example one of my favorite savory & sweet combinations has to be caramelized pears and Gorgonzola cheese. I think this must be the first savory & sweet creation I should work on.....


However, right now, I plan on just keeping it simple and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment