Friday, June 24, 2011

July 4th!

Every year for the last couple of years my husband and I have met most of my family on Main St. in Huntington Beach for their famous 4th of July Parade! This year is no exception. Last year I brought a dessert to the party and I was so proud of it.....
 Plain old cake with a surprise inside...
 an American flag!
Turned out pretty good!

I found this cake on a blog but since it was a year ago I completely forgot which one! This year I would like to do another dessert but I am still debating which ones. I recently began following this very talented woman who runs a website called TheTomKatStudio. She finds amazing things around the Internet along with creating her own amazing products as well. I would love to be the OC version of her and some day I hope too! Anyways she has some very cute ideas on her website like this one.....
These adorable cupcakes are mimicking the old school red, white and blue Popsicle you get from the ice cream truck. The recipe to make them is also suppose to taste just like the Popsicle as well. I am not too sure if I will follow the recipe or if I will just make vanilla cupcakes with colored cream cheese frosting, but I definitely think I want to make these for the party!

I am really looking forward to the 4th this year and celebrating Independence in style!

Speaking of Independence, on a side note, I wanted to mention that today was a very special day in NYC because a law was past to allow gay marriages! I personally think laws do not need to be passed or sign allowing anyone to get married.....we all should be treated equal! I hope California jumps on board soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment